12.30.2009

Got Ink?

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. After two years, endless Google images searches, countless moments of indecision, and one of the longest hours of my life...IT HAS BEEN DONE. People, I have gotten my tattoo.


And it is gorgeous. It took me a long time to decide on what to get--I wanted something that would represent the incredible luck I've had all my life. I'm such a blessed person; God proves it again and again that there's a star shining on me. I wondered for a long time: horseshoe? Corny. Four-leaf clover? Not into plants. Rabbit's foot? Ew. 


Until one day my mom told me the story again of the year I was born, how so many parents wanted to have kids that year because it was supposed to have been a lucky one. 1988, the year of the Blue Dragon, according to the Chinese. And I thought, Eureka! That's my sign. That is me.

That was last year. It took another year for me to work up the courage to actually go to a tattoo parlor and get the thing done. And even when I finally walked into PNP Tattoos the other day, the sound of drilling needles running over people's skin made my stomach turn and me want to run screaming home.

But I did it. I sat through it for a whole hour while Jake, the artist, stenciled and inked and drilled away at my skin. And seriously, anyone who has ever said that getting a tattoo does not hurt is spouting a lot of crap. Because it really does! It's not intolerable pain, but it is a very sharp needle on about four inches of skin.

I'm extremely happy now though. No regrets whatsoever. I mean, even my mom thinks it's beautiful. And it feel so incredible awesome to have epically ended my 2009 by making a long-time dream come true. :)

P.S. Photo to follow. :)

10 comments:

  1. NICE!! CONGRACHULATIONS!!! God bless !! HappyNewYear tlga!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it :D Take Good Care Always and Enjoy the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats :) hope to see them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey what happened to your college bucket list?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @nate archibald: this was one of those things on the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you decide to put your tattoo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pix, pix, pix! HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where's the photo?! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete