12.02.2009

UAAP Presidentiables

So check it out. The Noynoy/Mar ticket is Ateneo. Gibo and Edu are La Salle. And Villar and Loren are both from UP--although I'm not entirely sure if they've confirmed their partnership (I haven't read the papers in a few days). I'm hearing drums!!! :D 

Seriously, it's like college all over again for these guys, except instead of battling it out on the court, they're using the national stage. Great! And up for grabs: not just school pride, but the future of the Filipino people! *Applause* Of course I don't mean to belittle the other candidates here, but this is a personal blog and I get to voice my opinions. I just thought it was a quirky thing, this whole school colors business, something to point out. 

I wonder if at the end of it all, their school of origin will influence the way they run the country. Will a UP-run Philippines mean greater freedom of assembly (no more hosing down rallyists) and open protests within government walls? Will Atenistas in power (again, hehe) guarantee critical, philosophical, and theological discussions among government employees, and between government and people? Will the La Salle ticket give the country the efficiency of a well-run business, a well-oiled, moneymaking machine? 

Okay, just playing around. I wanted to take it further and go to what the people in government offices would wear in the event that an iskolar ng bayan, Atenista, or Lasalista makes it to the top post, but... yeah, wag nalang. :D

BUT. My real opinion in terms of the presidential race is simple: may the best candidates win. *smile*

6 comments:

  1. Have you decided who to vote for? Which candidate (based on platform, I guess) are you leaning towards voting, so far?

    It's cool if you're uncomfortable voicing it out right now. Was just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the best candidate win - sana ganun nga but not in politics, especially in our country...:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So shall it be a 3-peat for the Ateneans in 2010?!? Haha. May the candidate who best fits our needs win the job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. School might not turn out to become a major influence, and neither should it be a basis for voting. After all, it is the schools which remind us to think critically with regard to whom we should vote for.

    But then, I agree with the last statement... with a nuisance. May the best candidate win... and I really mean the best out there who is ready to let go of personal interests for the good of this country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if you have more info about la salle! it would be nice for our community!

    ReplyDelete