12.26.2009

We Are Warrior: A Post-Christmas Post

Well, ho ho ho, it's all over now. The 25th has come and gone and we find ourselves on the other side of Christmas. 

And what a Christmas week it was! It was a glimpse of the both the Dark Side and the Light. As a distinguished Jedi master would say, Many things, I have learned. Some are things I should have already known or already do know, but which were reinforced by certain remarkable experiences:



December takes the cake. :)

I have learned, for example, that Patron XO is the drink of the gods. 
I have learned that three-and-a-half inch heels become crippling torture devices after five hours of dancing.
I have learned that I really enjoy not having a curfew (but this I had an inkling of already).
I have learned that it is better to drink and pass out than to have never drunk at all. 
I have learned that my birthday is always a time for the previous lesson to be enacted.
 I have learned that Rock Band 2 can be learned (after much patience and angry shouting--damn you, Pearl Jam!!!)
I have learned that I really, really, really like the History Channel. It's awesome.
I have learned that my family is a trip, and that my friends are even trippier.
I have learned that my family, in general, believes that gifts of alcohol are the most practical kind.
I have learned that guys are useless storytellers of kilig moments like marriage proposals. It's like they don't want to admit they get all cheesy too. 
I have learned that I've got a long way to go before truly becoming WARRIOR. I am, as yet, no more than lowly novice.

There are a whole bunch of others I've probably failed to mention. But above all, I've learned that 2009 has been an incredible year for me. I look back on it and go, Holy crap. Wow. And then when I see that December has in all likelihood been the climax of it all, I can't help but look up and tell the Big Guy up there, Thank you.

That's just the way it is with Christmas--a lot of heartfelt thank-you's to go around. Happy birthday to me and to Jesus!:)

Time to see what this week and the New Year have to bring! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a year indeed it was and what a year its gonna be. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts :) Stay sweet and cool to everyone. I hope i get to meet you again soon :) Take Care

    ReplyDelete