1.19.2010

When I Die, Heaven Better F*cking Look Like Pandora

Nuff said.

Okay, well, maybe not. :-p Just a few things I gotta get out of the way to be able to get any sleep tonight, though.

Holy shit. My mind is exploding in expletives, I swear. Here it is: AVATAR IS AWESOME. It lived up to the hype, all two hours and forty-five minutes of it. I mean, yeah, my ass has been reduced to a flat area behind my legs, and my head is spinning with giant blue 3D pictures, but it's all completely worth it. There were, for me, no dragging bits, no parts that I felt could've been done away with... It is a cinematic masterpiece. 

...Not in an indie way, obviously. But it is fantastic. 

Throughout the movie I kept thinking of other films it reminded me of. There was the clear Pocahontas vibe in the plot, of course, but for instance the robots totally reminded me of Star Wars droids; the war itself was very LOTR-esque; there were elements from Minority Report, Eragon (i know that movie totally bombed but the book was decent, and the whole tree bit was kind of there) and a whole bunch of other films, games, and books that I simply cannot name right now because my brain is exhausted. 

What I loved was how well it all came together, without too much exaggeration and with just the right amount of deus ex machina. 

And of course, IMAX. Thank you for finally giving me a break over there. Our seats were perfect--J22 and 23--right smack in the middle of the entire theater. 3-D is insane. Totally intense experience, and absolutely worth the wait.

Holy crap, you haven't seen it? Buy tickets.

Now. 


P.S. Matrix is another one of those movies pala. :)

4 comments:

  1. Good job!!!

    AVATAR rocks!!! anyone who did not watch it in 3D only got half the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this movie blew my mind off. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. it literally kicked ass right? :)) butt goes numb

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha well, i can tell you really really like the movie A LOT. we have the same reaction after seeing the movie: "p***ngina ang ganda!" were the first words i uttered to my friends after i took off that 3d mask. :))

    ReplyDelete