2.21.2010

Save Me, San Francisco

This is a private blog. It's for me, really--kind of like writing therapy--and having people read it just makes it have a nice bonus purpose. And so normally I don't do things like news updates or product reviews or anything like that. But I'm gonna make an exception for this one album that I think really deserves two thumbs up and five stars, because in my humble opinion, the songs in it are so incredibly beautiful. I just need to share it with you guys.


I'm talking about Train's latest addition to their already awesome artillery of records, Save Me San Francisco. It's an 11-track album that features a great set of alternative ballads like we haven't heard since the late nineties and early 2000s. Right now on the Magic we have "Hey Soul Sister" on the playlist, and that's a great track, but songs like "Parachute" and "If It's Love" really pull on the heartstrings, I swear. The songs are all poetry in motion, poetry surrounded by incredible guitar riffs and strung together in catchy-but-not-sellout melody. And I'm a complete sucker for that.

So yes. Buy it, download it, click the link below to hear samples, whatever. But definitely, definitely take a listen. Especially if you like alternative rock. It'll make your ears happy and it'll make your day. :)

Parachute - Train
This one's more of the alternative ballad type. Kind of "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain-ish.
 
If It's Love - Train

This is a bit more upbeat and modern in its sound.

Marry Me - Train
For the acoustic junkies. Really sweet song. :)

*image from Amazon.com

3 comments:

  1. As someone who loves Alternative music, I have always liked Train's sound since their debut album. Most especially their ballads that make me feel good listening to it after having a bad day. Yeah, nice album, nice set of songs, nice band! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm craving for more train.. :) tnx for posting this one jessica..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Jessica we've got same taste in music. I love yooou!! :) you're hella awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete